I usually get asked: “How do you boost the conversion rates on my website?” My answer is beyond the creation of pretty websites. The secret to higher conversion rates is to design a website with a marketing funnel and user’s experience in mind.
The first step is to research what the user’s perception of the problem is and how your product or service targets that perception. That’s why we provide you with a questionnaire during our first interaction and we try to establish the following:
- How good the offer is
- What the price point is
- Who the target market is
- What the size is of the target market
- How good the sales page copy-writing is
- How good the testimonials are
- How much other social proof there is
- If you have guarantees or other trust seals
- How easy you are to contact
- What the upstream traffic source is
- If it’s cold traffic or if traffic has already had a touch point prior to visiting the sales page.
Some of these things, you can’t control and you probably can’t provide. But all of these will affect your conversion rates.
That’s why we offer unlimited revisions, provided that changes are still in line with your original brief. Approval of coding will come in next followed by intense testing. In most cases, minor tweaks will be needed after the first presentation of our designs. As mentioned, our goal is to give you the best conversion rate as possible.
Testing is done with the use of tools like:
Bear in mind that such conversion rates will stick until the market shifts, which can happen for a number of reasons like:
- Your product or service becomes outdated
- You flood your market
- Your market becomes more advanced than your solution
- A better solution comes along provided by your competition
Be prepared for a lot of testing if you want to get the best conversion rates possible.